The Policy covers the whole social sector - a large and diverse group with many types of services, and organisations delivering them.
Because of this diversity this part of the Toolkit is divided into 6 groupings:
- General Tools: that provide advice about key topics,
- Working at the Frontline: tools relevant for people working in front-line jobs that interact directly with service users,
- Leading and Managing the Frontline: tools that help those that manage front-line functions,
- Funding, Contracting, and Partnering: tools for implementing the Policy's advice in these areas,
- Developing policies, service, and programmes: tools for applying the policy when new services are being considered,
- Analysis, research, and evaluation: tools to help understand how to apply the policy when using information that has come from, or is about, service users, for these sorts of activities.